Today in this article we are going to show you how to get a free domain for blogger. by this method, you can get a domain for lifetime.
You have decided on the right stage, Blogger But, the problem is, by default, Blogger doesn’t give you a professional-looking domain name. Instead, you get an ugly subdomain attached with their main domain, “Blogspot.com“.
This type of subdomains requires more time to type, and your site looks spammy for nearly all of the users as spammers commonly utilize these free subdomains and for testing purposes.
So, to provide a professional touch to your recently created blog or website hosted with Blogger.com, you may want to try top-level domains. Domain names are relatively cheap these days. You can purchase for just a few bucks from Godaddy or NameCheap.
But still, if you don’t wish to spend any cash or you just want to test the whole thing or if you just need a shorted domain instead of working with the Blogspot subdomain, you can use free domains provided by Freenom. There are approximately five different free domain extensions available that you begin with. These extensions include .tk, .ml, .cf, .ga and .gq.
You may pick any domain which is readily available for your chosen domain name and register it for you on Freenom without spending any money. You also don’t have to enter your card information to avail of these free domain names on your Blogspot or any other website.
How to get Free Domain for Blogger?
Now that you have a brief understanding of these Freenom domain names, let us see the Specific steps you Want to follow to register and assign a free domain name as the Blogger custom domain:
- To start with, go to the Dot.tk site here or Frenom.com
- then you’ll see a field saying, “Find a brand new FREE domain”.
- Here you only need to type your desired domain name.
- As soon as you have typed the domain name, click the”Check Availability” button.
- It’ll quickly show you a list of available domain extensions to your entered domain.
- Select any of these and click on the”Get It Now” button provided on the right.
- Then click the”Checkout” button and select the Period.
- You may pick from 1 month to 12 months for FREE.
- Then, enter your email address and click the”Verify my email address” button.
- Just confirm it, and there you go!
- You’ve registered the domain name for free.
Also read: 5 Best Web Hosting Trial 2021
Now you’ve registered the domain name. It is time to set it up as your WordPress custom domain. Once you do that, you’ll have the ability to get your Blogspot website by typing the domain name into your browser that you just registered on Freenom for free.
How To Connect Freenom Domain To Blogger?
1st, login into your Blogger dashboard and select your blog.
Go to the Settings > Publish section and click “+Set up a third-party URL for your blog” option.
- Now enter the free domain name with the “WWW.” in the starting, which you just already registered and click on the Save button.
Once you hit the Submit button, then it will show you an error message that
“We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain”.
- Don’t fear! It’s ok. Just go back to the Freenom site in another tab of your browser.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Domains > My Domains.
- You will realize the domain name.
- Click on the”Manage Domain” option provided with your domain.
- Go to the”Manage Freenom DNS” tab and input the CNAME records that you will discover on the Blogger below the error message.
- After that, you need to include 4 A documents given under that default to setup all Blogspot sites with custom domains.
Now save all of the changes Freenom account and go back to the Blogger, in which you left.
- Attempt again, clicking the Save button on Blogger.
- Hurry! This time it’ll successfully place the domain name as your WordPress custom domain for your blog.
- Then you just need to click on the Edit button and then check to mark the choice says”Redirect…”.
- Finally, hit the save button and you are finished!
Sort the domain name onto a new tab of your browser, and it will show you your Blogspot site for which you have set this up a free domain name.
If it’s not opening, wait for few hours or trying checking again by clearing your cache and cookies or try on a different fresh browser. It will open your Blogspot website. Now try to open your blog with the other Blogspot subdomain, and it is going to automatically redirect you to the domain name, which you just added! That’s it!
I hope you have added the Freenom domain name as your Blogger custom domain name. If you still have some issue, please note under! We’ll try to look into it.