Hello buddy, today in this article I am talking about how to uninstall avast.
Avast is an antivirus and security suite software developed by the Czech firm Avast Software and was developed in the early 1990s. Avast’s market share is significant. Precisely 21.4% (according to the OPSWAT report of the year 2015) and that is why it could be said that it is the most widely used antivirus software worldwide since 2017.
Also, Avast can be highlighted that it contains free and paid versions and provides computer security, browser security, antivirus software, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, anti-spam, and firewalls, among other services.
This antivirus software has numerous advantages, such as updating your virus definition database daily. Detecting viruses of all types (even those that are capable of modifying itself), updating your virus definition database. Being lightweight ( since it does not require many resources from your computer) or have a useful heuristic. Although there are indeed many advantages they present, it is also true that it has some disadvantages such as the following:
- If you do not have the Internet, it will not be updated.
- If you download the English version, you will not understand.
- It consumes you many PC resources.
Although there are a few disadvantages that Avast has, they may be enough for you to uninstall avast from your computer. So that you can do it, do not stop reading us since next we are going to offer you the necessary steps so that you uninstall avast antivirus software whatever your computer is.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST IN WINDOW
If your computer uses this operating system, you will have to follow the steps below to do it the right way:
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator permissions and make sure there are no other applications or antivirus software running on the PC.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Applications and features from the menu that appears.
- Make sure Apps and features are selected in the left pane, and then click on the version of Avast Antivirus and select Uninstall.
- If you are asked for permissions in the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- When the Avast Installation wizard appears, click Uninstall at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation of Avast Antivirus.
- Wait while the configuration removes Avast Antivirus from your computer.
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, click Restart the computer to complete the uninstallation.
- When you restart the PC, Avast Antivirus will be completely uninstalled from the system. And your computer will no longer be protected by Avast against malware and other threats.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST ON MAC
Although if the computer you use is from Apple and works with the Mac operating system, you will have to follow these simple steps to uninstall this widely used antivirus software.
- Click on the Avast menu bar and select Open Avast from the context menu.
- Click Avast Security in the menu bar at the top left of the screen and select Uninstall Avast.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Select additional security products to uninstall and click Continue.
- If prompted, use Touch ID or enter the Username and administrator password and click OK to grant permission for uninstallation.
- Click Exit.
- Once the open applications close, the uninstall is complete, and Avast Security will be removed from your Mac computer.
That’s it. All you need to know about how to uninstall avast. By following the above steps highlighted in this article, you will be able to easily uninstall avast from the computer and mac.